For many, these two activities are regarded as simple tasks. For me, they are daunting, undesirable, time-consuming, energy-sucking tasks that I wish I did not have to do.
I've lived here for more than two years now, and am just getting around to clearing out boxes of useless junk from my past that have been piled up in Luther & Milo's (my dogs) sleeping area. I've cleared out so much, in fact, that their room looks twice as big as it did just a few short days ago.
My problem is this--I can be a little too sentimental sometimes. I have items (dishes, etc) that have been given to me by family members that have long since died; I can't get rid of those items. Some of them date back to the 1940s, and I refuse to give up what little I have left of my grandmothers. Other things, such as boxes of school supplies/papers from when I taught at various schools are also taking up space (although now, they're occupying space in the trashcan and recycle bin outside). I have boxes upon boxes of yarn and fabric, which I have every intention of using...someday.
My husband is also a bit of a clutterbug, and two of us living here and cluttering everything doesn't work out well when I need desperately to get the house to a point where it looks great and all we have to do is simply maintain it.
We'll see how this goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment