Thursday, September 6, 2012

Small Bus{y}ness

Most would assume that after six years of teaching and having to get ready for yet another school  year, that I would be having a very stress-free, very un-busy season as a housewife and expectant mother. This, my friends, is not so.

A few weeks ago, I ran a booth at a local festival called Canal Days, in Williamsport MD. I made thousands of dollars' worth of crafts to display and sell...and made only $53 the first day. Mind you, the festival is only 2 days long. The second day, I was all ready to give it another go until Mother Nature unleashed her fury on us with torrential downpours before the vendors even opened for the day.

I went home, wet merchandise in tow.

My house is still a bit of a wreck from all my manufacturing over the last 8 weeks, and it will probably stay that way for a little while longer.

Why? Oh...because. Growing a baby is a lot tougher than I thought it would be.

This past weekend, Wade and I went to a friend's house in order to help remove and rebuild a deck, and so that I could cook for everyone there that was helping out. After a week of alarm clocks going off at 3:30 am, we were tired. After a weekend of hard manual labor and/or sweating my rear off in the kitchen as I worked over a hot stove/oven, we are even more exhausted than when we arrived at our friend's house a week ago.

Not to mention, I've been pouring lots of energy and concentration into preparing for an open house I'm planning to have in October or November. In the last 10 days, I've completed 14 dishcloths and packaged them into bundles of 2 per pack to sell on Etsy. I have also been plotting my next project which I will be selling--linen napkins.

There's more than just those two things, though. I'll be making Christmas stockings; pillowcase lace edging; more dishcloths; linen napkins; socks...the list goes on.

I'm getting another headache just thinking about it...

But I will pass the time with these little tasks until next Thursday, when Wade and I get to find out the sex of the baby.

This will be the second most exciting appointment yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment