I turned 30 on Monday.
Most people go all out for the big birthdays (21, 25, 30, 40, etc). I did not. My day was spent at home with Luke and Luther, watching the snow come down on us yet again, and hanging out in our pajamas. Luther spent the day naked, for the record. Dirty dog.
Because I had nothing pressing to do, I was left with quite a bit of time to reflect on what's happened over the last 5 years (you know, since my last "big" birthday.
New job. Divorce. New house. New job. New husband. Baby.
On a screen, in black and white, it doesn't look like a whole lot has happened, but anyone who's been through a bad breakup or gone from one job to another will be able to understand what it's like.
Hopefully, in the next 5 years, I'll be able to add "new house" and "baby" to this list again.
I'd like to keep my husband, though. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment