Thursday, March 22, 2012

1 Corinthians 10:13

"No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it."


"No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face."
         I was given several months' notice that I needed to find alternative employment--some people are      lucky to get a few hours.


"All you need to remember is that God will never let you down;"
        And I know this for a fact. When I first moved to my current location, I had resigned from my teaching position in a middle school, just put a contract on a house, and was setting myself up for a 180-mile-a-day round trip for work for an entire month. My plan was to get hired as a substitute, get my foot in the door, and hope and pray someone retired and opened up a spot for me. When I went in for the sub interview, I mentioned to the girl doing the interview that I'd been hoping to find a full-time spot as a home ec. teacher. Apparently, there were 3 openings that hadn't been posted on the website, and I was the only applicant. The day I settled on my house, I got a phone call for an interview. A week later, I had the job! God did not let me down then; he did not let me down yesterday--I was hired on the spot and I start Tuesday!


"He'll never let you be pushed past your limit;"
        I know this to be true, because I've been pushed to my limit...but never past it. And I've been through Hell and back by many peoples' standards.


"He'll always be there to help you come through it."
        There's no way that I'd be able to handle this as well as I have been without my husband by my side. I wouldn't be able to deal with this without the skills and the knowledge that I have about how badly people need the skills I can teach them. I wouldn't be waitressing for extra cash at this point if I didn't already have the experience. I wouldn't be able to continue to have faith that God will provide for us, that He will take care of us, and that He will not let any harm come to us in any way, shape, or form, if I hadn't been through trying times already.


Yes, it's extremely difficult to hear (or in my case, read) that your job is being eliminated, or that you're no longer employed somewhere for whatever reason. But I think what's even more difficult than facing that is taking action to change your circumstances rather than wallow in pity. It's difficult to believe that when one door closes, another one opens. It's tough to put on a facade for your students, and allow them to think that you'll still be there in the fall when they come by to say hello and that they missed you, when all you want to do is crawl under your desk and cry because you know that's not going to happen. But, God will always be there to help you come through it, no matter what "it" may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment