Saturday, March 31, 2012

Interesting Answers...

Last Wednesday, I sent my cover letter and resume to the local community college just to see what would come of it. This past week, I drafted an email to the superintendent of schools and his assistant, explaining to them everything that had happened in regards to my job and the way that I was notified, etc, and asked what they plan to do about it. I've been waiting for the "right time" to send that email.

Well...I grabbed the mail out of the mailbox yesterday when I got home from work, and in yesterday's pile was a letter from the community college. And I quote,

"Dear Ms. B:


"In response to your recent letter, I urge you to meet with our Dean of Continuing Education and Community Services, T.S. Dean S can review with you the college's history of offering domestic arts courses as part of our lifelong learning offerings. These courses must be funded from the tuition dollars they generate. I do think the right courses in this area with well qualified adjunct faculty could be both financially viable and a valuable service to our community."


"Sincerely,


"G. A."


So I sent that email this morning.


My plan is to call the college on Monday and try to get an appointment set up with the Dean so that we can discuss options. I have my list of proposed courses and their descriptions drafted up and ready to print, after a few edits. I also need to prepare some basic scope & sequence plans so she can see about how long each course would have to be...and then hopefully, we can talk numbers.


I'm trying not to get too excited, but boy is it tough!!


I know that God will lead me to where He wants me--not necessarily where I want me. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not, it won't.


Things are getting interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment